Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Long time no post

I haven't had a lot of time to post lately - school is winding down and work is winding up . . .

But I thought I'd take a few minutes and update everyone on my life.

First of all - I know I don't post pictures of my kids . . . but this one is sneaky. This is my son and his buddy Ronnie in their Halloween costumes . . . they are in masks - so I feel safe posting this.


(Photo by Ruth Roberts Copyright 2007)

Isn't that fun?

Now on to other updates . . .

Hunkahubby just started a new job as a visual merchandiser/decorator at a furniture store in Indy. He got the job a few months ago. He loved it and was doing great. Then . . . they eliminated his position. But - they didn't want to lose him, so they offered him a sales position. Although it was a pay cut, and not what he really wants to do - he took it in hopes it is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. He has been working in his new position for 2 days now and he is doing great! I'm so proud of him. AND - he has to dress up, so I get to see my sexy husband in a coat and tie every day. Makes me want to dress nicer . . .

I am sure that God has a plan in all of this, and I can't wait to see what is going to happen next. :-)

I have 4 more weeks of my Masters and I'll actually be done - I cannot believe it. I will actually have TIME to sit down and love on my kids every night - that is more exciting than anything.

Also - this week, after a 2 year hiatus . . . I actually got to sing in church. Hunkahubby has been leading the children's worship for quite some time now - and no one has stepped up to help him. Well, the 'virtue song' was pretty high and written for a female voice this month and so I said . . . 'I'll do it if you want me to.' I did not want to commit to something that I knew I couldn't follow through on - but now that school is almost done . . . I feel I'm able to do a few things.

We had an absolute blast - and I love watching Hunkahubby dance around with the kids and getting them to do silly things like the wave. I had a hard time focusing on the words, because I was too busy laughing at him.

I really missed singing. Singing has always been a part of my life - and it depresses me when I don't get to do it. (Of course, when I'm alone, I sing to myself all the time!!) I am glad that this opportunity arose and is helping me slowly get back on the musical 'horse' again. I do have to admit though - these last two years have been nice. When I was on a permanent worship team - I very rarely just got to sit and focus on the service and be 'still.' I'm not usually very good at being still. But I learned a lot from being able to do just that. God has taught me many things in the past couple years.

At the end of this week, I'm going on what I hope is my last business trip of the year - to San Diego, California. I've never seen that ocean - so I'm pretty excited about it. I'll post pictures when I return.

Okay - those are my updates for today - I hope this evening finds all of you well.

No comments: