Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Facebook Experiment Part 2

I've made it over 24 hours!  I am having my hubby check HIS Facebook and tell me exactly what time I started my vacation . . . and it was (drumroll please) yesterday at 3:14 PM, EST.  So at the time of writing this blog, I've been vacationing for roughly 30 hours.

I have to admit - the first part of today was ROUGH.  Every website WANTED me to friend them on Facebook.  Everything I saw reminded me of someone and I wanted to SHARE it on Facebook.  I had to literally pull my hand away from the shiny blue and white F on the screen!!!  ;-)

The bane of my existence.
But honestly, by this evening, I was actually liking the fact that Facebook wasn't ruling my life.  No - I didn't get to see the pictures of the newest baby on Facebook, I didn't get to listen to a new song someone suggested, I didn't get to see which person had the wittiest status . . . but I had some quiet time. 

And in that quiet time - I realized, that I really need to "unplug" sometimes.  Get away from everything.  No TV, no computer, no Facebook . . . and maybe even no iPhone (CRINGE).  On the way home from work today - I plugged my phone in, rolled down the windows, turned up the radio and thoroughly enjoyed my ride home. 

So Day 1 of the Facebook experiment is a success.  But I do have to admit, that I picked up my phone in the middle of this post and out of habit, started to click the Facebook button!  (Luckily, I had logged out - so all I saw was the login screen!)

Day 2 . . . will it last?

No comments: