Friday, September 10, 2010

Facebook Experiment - Part 6 - STILL GOING

I'm going on 80 hours without Facebook.  Woohoo!  I'm proud.  I do have "willpower" after all.  Next week - I AM transferring this willpower to my penchant for eating things I shouldn't . . .

Last night, I ALMOST caved.  Simply because a dear old friend who has known me most of life was EVIL and texted me with this - "Oh my gosh, if you're on a Facebook vacation, no wonder you didn't text me!  You haven't seen my Facebook page today!"  Okay - first of all, this guy ALWAYS plays the gullibility card on me and I almost always fall for it.  Secondly - it took me FOREVER to convince him he should use Facebook and he very rarely updates.  Third thing - he is a very "keep to himself" kind of person and there is no way he would post something personal on his page that I would HAVE to see.  Then he says that he didn't actually post it, that someone else did.  Ugh.  He's mean.  But I didn't cave.  I didn't look.  But he KNEW it would drive me crazy.  What a brat.

Finally - I think the vacation may end today - simply because I'm afraid of the "notifications" I might have when I log back on.  Of course - what if there aren't ANY?  What if no one missed me?  Will I be able to handle it????  LOLOLOL

Thank you for going on this journey with me during my Facebook Vacation.  I recommend it to anyone who is addicted to Facebook.  It really helps to put things in perspective.  The world WILL go on if you don't update your status every time you go to the bathroom.  The world WILL go on if you don't water your farm.  The world WILL go on if someone ::GASP:: unfriends you.  Facebook is entertainment and a great networking tool . . . use it wisely. 

1 comment:

KPCL Girl said...

Ha. This made me laugh.... It's always easy to quit when you know you'll come back. Resistance is futile.