Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Child Labor . . .

Something really exciting happened this weekend. And it involved 'child labor.'


Here we see my best friend and cousin's daughter sweeping.


And here is my oldest daughter . . . sweeping (very quickly, as you can see by the blur!)


And my son - mopping up a storm . . .

What is going on, you might ask?

See if you can tell from these pictures . . .




Did ya figure it out? Well, if not, I'm going to tell you anyway . . .

My bestest buddy in the whole world (almost literally since were born) who also happens to be my cousin - MOVED IN DOWN THE STREET FROM ME! I AM SO EXCITED!!!


That's us in the front (and her older sister). I was almost in tears over the fact that my lifetime best friend would be nearby to laugh with, cry with, scream with, and all manner of other things with . . . I don't know if she has any idea how much I've missed having her close by. (not that we didn't talk on the phone and e-mail ALL THE TIME since I moved away from her.)

Anyway - It is a good week and I'm so thankful that things worked out the way they did. The only downside --- muscles I didn't know I had are still hurting from all the cleaning and moving this weekend . . . but it was worth it.

I can't wait for all of my new friends to meet my oldest friend - because I know everyone is going to love her as much as I always have!!

Welcome to the neighborhood, my dearest friend! :-)

2 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

I'm so excited for you. I'd love for my best friend to live close to me or even me live close to her.

I know great times are in store.

Beneath the Shadowed Trees said...

I love living close to Sarah. I am glad you and Michelle have that too!