Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weight Loss Journey - Update 2

I'm still doing pretty well on this weight loss journey. I have to admit - I haven't been as tired as I usually am - and I am more focused. That is good. I was to the point where I wanted to take a nap every day and those naps would be for a couple of hours. NOT GOOD.

I have stuck MOSTLY to the food plan -- I let myself have a Extra Dark Chocolate miniature once in a while - but it hasn't seem to hurt anything (before, I would have eaten half a bag of them!)

Anyway - I have lost 14 pounds!!! Yay!!!

It's so funny - this plan tells you that you should reward yourself when you meet your goals . . . and my first thought of a reward is . . . FOOD. ::sighs:: How did we become a culture that is so caught up in FOOD??? I really have to rework my brain.

I know that food is an addiction for me. I got so upset with my husband the other night. You see, he quit smoking in January of last year. It was VERY difficult for him (and he had tried quitting numerous times). But he did it -- it has been a year and a half since he had a cigarette. He is on this food plan with me - but men, of course, can lose weight so much easier than women. So, he can cheat now and then and it won't affect him. Well, he decided he wanted popcorn the other night. The mere mention of it made me drool. I told him it was as if I had waved a cigarette in his face when he was trying to quit. BUT - I resisted the urge. And . . . so did he, for my sake, I think.

I'm on my way to a healthier me!!!

No comments: