Monday, February 4, 2008

High on life . . . low on baths . . .

Here is the first installment in the promised funny kitty pictures . . .

The other day, I decided it was time to torture myself and my cats and give them baths. Our oldest kitty, Britney, has a very bad dry skin problem and so I got some special shampoo from the vet to try and help it. I also figured that if one cat was getting a bath, they all should.

I started out by buttering them up and giving them catnip . . .

Here is Rufus trying to do chin-ups on the cat tree.

Catnip makes you feel all powerful, ya know.







And Max was at the bottom of the tree, eyes dilated . . . snorting catnip.



And then the inevitable happens . . . after the high, comes the crash.


I had them right where I wanted them. I attempted to corral them all in the bathroom, which resulted in scratches and Britney escaping to hide underneath our bed. Figures, the one cat who needs it the most . . .

I did finally get everyone clean . . . but I didn't get pictures of everyone. Tomorrow, I'll post a live-action video of Rufus' reaction to himself after his bath . . . you won't want to miss it.

But now - I'll show you a before and after picture that is sure to get a laugh . . .

Here is Gracie before her bath, all bushy and beautiful, without a care in the world . . .

And here is Gracie after her bath . . .


Do you think she's a little ticked at me??

I did learn something from all of this though - one of the guys I work for (who is a veterinarian) told me that when you need to give cats a bath, put an old window screen in the tub with them, so that they have something to hang onto and things will go much smoother. Unfortunately for me, my skin, and the plastic shower curtain . . . I didn't get this advice until AFTER I was done. Well, at least I'll know for next time, right?

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow!!!

No comments: