Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The calm before the storm

If you've been watching the news, you know that Indiana has been getting some not so fun weather lately - tornados, flash floods, and very severe thunderstorms. We don't have a basement, so we have spent a lot of time in our closet next to the stairs. (Well, the kids have . . . Hunkahubby and I don't quite fit.)

After a week of storms, and the promise of another on the way - Hunkahubby went outside and took some awesome pictures at sunset - I wanted to share them here.








(All photos by Hunkahubby)

These pictures remind me of the song "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns. Here is an excerpt of the lyrics:


As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

Chorus: I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

And as a Pastor of mine used to say -

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is."

1 comment:

Marge said...

That saying is one of my favorites and I used to have it on my desk at work. Many many times I've had to tell my storm to get out of here because my God is greater. And isn't that a comfort?

Thinking of the folks in Indiana in the floods as we in Minnesota are experiencing the same thing. Strange weather this spring, isn't it?

Blessings on your day,
Marge