Thursday, June 12, 2008

My new toy

Heh. Because I'm hoping to teach classes online in the fall - I finally broke down and bought a new laptop. I haven't had one since January.

Here's what I got:


(image from http://www.macmall.com/)

And for you geeks who need more than a picture, it is an Apple 13.3" New MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB/250GB/SuperDrive - Black with Parallels Desktop 3.0 and Microsoft Windows XP Professional pre-installed

Detailed specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR2, 250GB SATA/100,
Intel GMA X3100 graphics 144MB,
13" TFT 1280x800, Super Drive(DVD+-R/CD-RW),
Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n WLAN, Bluetooth, OS X 10.5 Leopard

I haven't got to play with it a whole lot yet, but so far I LOVE IT.

The new Macs have a built-in camera and microphone -
and this cool program called Photo booth.
Here are a few examples of what you can do with it (it can keep you entertained for hours!)


Here I am cheesing it.

Michelle and I in a fish tank - kind of . . . being silly.

Me as a comic . . .

My oldest as a comic

My son as a comic

My youngest as a comic.

Me with the comics! (I know, I'm a dork.)

And finally, me and my Rufus.

Enough fun for today!

1 comment:

Barry Pike said...

OH, YEAH! You will love your Mac. Mucho Funno.