Friday, January 4, 2008

Reading the Bible in a Year

One of my New Year's resolutions is to read more books - especially the Bible. I know several people who have done the 'read the Bible in a year' program and decided to try it myself. I was unaware that the program is available online, so once I found it, I thought I would share it with all of you.

If you go to this link - it will show you the chapters to read each day (they say its about 15 minutes per day . . . unless you're like me . . . because I have a Quest Bible and I like to read all the notes and commentary.)

However, if you don't have a Bible - or one that you can easily understand - this website also makes it easy for you to read the Bible translation of your choice ONLINE, courtesy of Biblegateway.com.

This program does not have you read the Bible chronologically - for example, on January 1st - you read a couple chapters each from Genesis, Matthew, Psalms, and Proverbs. I really like it.

Even though we're already a few days into the year - I think it would be pretty easy to catch up if you'd like to go on this journey with me!!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

kas said...

hi
i was wondering if i could use this photo I needed to put a presentation together for a interview to training as a pastor in the methodist church in the uk. it's about the bible being revelvent today... this would be a perfect addition to ones I all have taken