Thursday, January 3, 2008

Snow Snow Look at the Snow

We actually got some snow in the past couple of days. I was really bummed that we didn't have a white Christmas. We had a pretty good snowstorm the week before Christmas, which promptly melted away. Then we got a light sprinkling for the past couple of days and now it is REALLY COLD. The problem with Indiana is that it is very hard to predict the weather from one day to the next.



One day, you may need to wear boots, long underwear, two sweaters, a coat, hat, scarf and mittens - and the next day, you could get away with wearing shorts. It's nuts - but something we've pretty much gotten used to. The bigger issue is - the constant change in weather, temperature, humidity, etc. means constantly fighting off colds. That part - not so fun.

I went out and took some pictures of our backyard covered in a light sprinkling of snow.





From these pictures - you might think I have a pretty large country backyard . . . well . . . you can go right on thinking that, but it is not true. :-) My husband is just really good at doing the best he can with what he has been given. We actually walk out our back door, walk about 10 feet (if that) and we're in our neighbor's house. That is the one thing that makes me a little bit sad. I grew up with a HUGE yard - plus my Grandparents lived around the corner and all the land on that corner was theirs. I could walk to their house on the road, or walk to their house through the woods behind our house. I had lots of outdoor adventures when I was little - and there is a part of me that feels like my kids are getting cheated out of that.

Perhaps someday - we'll have a big yard again . . . but for now, I'll just look at these pictures and pretend.

Thanks honey for giving me that option. And thanks God for the snow, whether on Christmas or not . . . it is still beautiful.

No comments: