Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Resolution update . . .

Just thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing SO FAR . . .

My New Year's Resolutions for 2008:
1. Update my blog every day (at the least, 2x per week).

I've been trying very hard to update every day and haven't missed yet, although last night's post barely made it under the wire . . .

2. Lose 50 pounds. (lost about 4 pounds so far)

Just getting away from all those holiday treats is a big help!

3. Exercise at least 3x per week. No excuses. (need to start this!!)

I have a gym membership - but why is it that I want to get in a little better shape before I even GO there? I don't want people to see me.

4. Find things to inspire me and then let the inspiration run wild.

My kids and my husband inspire me every day - but I haven't been able to RUN WILD with it yet. Except for this blog.

5. Try out at least one new recipe per month.

Thanks to my new favorite blog, The Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, and her recipe site, The Pioneer Woman Cooks - I've already tried out one recipe and am baking the other one today.

6. Re-learn to sew.

Give me a break - I couldn't do EVERYTHING in one week.

7. Teach an online class if possible.

I have a couple people I'm in contact with to work on this one.

8. Spend more time with my kids.

Ever since I completed my Masters, this has been an easier one. I am so glad about that!

9. Have a date night at least once per month with my hubby.

The month isn't over yet!!!

10. Read more books. Especially my Bible.

I am working on the Read the Bible in a year program and reading every day. I'm learning a lot of interesting things.

I am also reading Frank Peretti's The Visitation. I love his books and haven't read one in a while. So far - this one is a great read.

11. Take more pictures - and learn how to do it correctly.



Obviously I've been taking more pictures - but I haven't got the hang of everything yet. My camera has a "sports" setting and also a setting where you can take several pictures in a row. I've been trying to combine them to get some good action shots - but I have not mastered it just yet . . .



12. Sing more, yell less.

I can say I've been singing more - but I still need to cut down on my yelling.

13. Keep my resolutions all year long . . .

So far . . . not too bad . . .

How are you doing on your new year's resolutions???

No comments: