Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sweet Kisses and the infamous Refrigerator Kiss


No, it isn't my anniversary or my husband's birthday or anything - but today I want to dedicate my blog to my wonderful husband and his sweet kisses.

The last few days I haven't been a very happy camper - and yet he has stayed with me through it all. Sure, we argue and fuss a little (okay, sometimes a LOT) but at the end of the day, we know we love each other.

When Hunkahubby and I got together almost seven years ago - it was very dramatic. (You have no idea how dramatic . . . )

I still remember the first time he kissed me. We call it the 'refrigerator' kiss. And no - we didn't kiss the refrigerator, although sometimes I want to - especially when I'm dieting and I can't get into it!!

The kitchen was dark and he was looking in his refrigerator to get something out. All of a sudden he whipped around, pulled me in his arms and KISSED me . . . thoroughly. I stopped breathing, my toes curled, and the world as I knew it ceased to exist.



The wonderful thing is - I still feel those things when he kisses me, all this time later. It isn't even one iota less exciting. He still makes my toes curl.



So today, cherish the ones you love and grab your special someone and give them sweet kisses.

If you don't have that special someone . . . don't push it . . . sometimes love finds you in the most unexpected places . . . maybe even in the refrigerator.

I love you honey. I love your sweet kisses. And I'm thankful to a God who allows us to have a love like ours.

2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

WOW...ok, I'm going to go kiss Tony, RIGHT NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.